Cosco Scenera NEXT Car Seat
The Cosco Scenera NEXT is designed with Side Impact Protection built into the headrest, and a five-point harness that adjusts easily from the front of the seat. The harness is adjustable to five different heights and the crotch strap/buckle can also be adjusted to three different lengths to adapt to your growing child.
Flying with the Cosco Scenera NEXT is a breeze - certified for use on an aircraft, it gives your child a familiar seat during the flight. The lightweight (only 3kg!) design also gets you in and out of the airport without getting weighed down.
When using the Cosco Scenera NEXT outside the USA, you must use a seat belt locking clip (our taxi-friendly locking clip is the easiest). The US has different seat belts from the rest of the world and their seat belts have a second mode called 'child restraint mode' which firmly locks the seat belt in place. US car seats, like this Cosco Scenera NEXT, are designed to be used with a locked US seat belt, so when used with a European seat belt, such as in Singapore, a locking clip is mandatory. All Cosco car seats sold by Taxi Baby include a locking clip for free.
- Safety first: Keeps your child five times safer in a rear facing seat with a 5-point harness and Side Impact Protection
- Ultra lightweight: At just 3kg, this is the lightest seat on the market
- Taxi-friendly: Installs quickly and easily in any Singaporean taxi, Uber or GrabCar (with included locking clip)
- Portable: Fits on most strollers (some officially, some 'hacked') or can be easily carried with a shoulder strap
- Airline approved (FAA approved): Approved by the Federal Aviation Administration for use in-flight in harness mode
- Long-lasting: This is the only car seat most children will need from birth until they're ready for a booster seat (4-6 years old)
- Seat pad is machine washable and dryer safe
- Certified for use on aircraft
- Side Impact Protection
- 5-point harness with easy front adjustment
- 5 harness heights and 3 buckle locations allow for the best fit for growing children
- Fits 3 across in the back seat of most vehicles
- Rear-facing 2.3-18 kg (or 5-40 pounds), 48-101.6cm (or 19" to 40")
- Removable cup holder is dishwasher safe
- Compact TSA-friendly design for airport security
- LATCH (ISOfix) equipped and capable for the entire life of the car seat
- Meets or exceeds US Federal Safety Standards (NHTSA)
- Made in USA with American and imported parts
Here's our video showing how to set up your Cosco Scenera NEXT straight out of the box (it's a long video, but there are chapter headings so you can fast forward to the section you need). For your convenience, here are the timestamps for each component:
- 0:28 - Tether Strap
- 1:02 - Rear-facing vs forward-facing
- 1:29 - Crotch Strap
- 3:32 - Shoulder Straps
- 6:03 - Harness
- 6:21 - LATCH (ISOfix) storage
- 9:34 - Locking Clip
- 12:00 - Shoulder Strap
- 12:26 - Preemie Set-up
This video is from the manufacturer of our taxi-friendly locking clip - they generically show how to install the handy little red clip on any car seat.
The following video shows how to install the Cosco Scenera NEXT in a taxi OUTSIDE THE US. US vehicles have different seat belts from the rest of the world and if you're using the Cosco with a non-US seat belt, you absolutely need to use a locking clip.
There may be situations where you want to use the ISOfix (LATCH) belt to install your seat instead of using the seat belt/locking clip combo. The following video from Cosco shows how.
Is it possible to install the Cosco Scenera NEXT forward facing?
It is possible to install the Scenera NEXT forward facing, but we don't recommend it because -
It's five times less safe for your child: rear facing seats have been shown to be 532% safer than their forward facing counterparts. Common misconceptions about rear facing travel include:
It's more difficult to install: the forward facing installation requires a tether strap be properly installed, to keep the seat from moving too far forward in an accident. This is an extra step compared to the rear facing installation.
You need to book a special taxi: Two-thirds of Singapore's taxi fleet have tether anchors to allow you to install your tether strap, so you will probably need to book ahead and make sure the responding vehicle has a tether anchor.
Is there any infant insert for a newborn to take the car seat?
No but you can roll a muslin blanket and put it beside them once they’re buckled, like this:
Can I use the Cosco Scenera NEXT on a plane?
The Cosco Scenera NEXT is FAA-approved and a wonderfully versatile, narrow, simple seat to travel with, both in and out of the plane. Each airline has their own very specific policy when it comes to using car seats onboard and even though the Cosco is airline approved, they may not allow it. Also, some airline staff/crew may not be completely familiar with their own policy so it pays to be prepared.
Here are some tips to a smoother trip when flying with your Cosco:
2. Print or save a screenshot of the relevant policy to show the cabin crew.
3. Email the airline's customer service to confirm you can use the Cosco onboard your flight, then print their confirmation email to show the cabin crew.
4. Familiarise yourself with how to install the car seat on a plane.
To register your Cosco car seat, click here.
Dorel Juvenile Group, Inc. (DJG) warrants this product to the original retail purchaser as follows: This product is warranted against defective materials or workmanship for one year from the date of original purchase. An original receipt is required to validate your warranty. DJG will, at its option, provide replacement parts or replace this product. DJG reserves the right to substitute if the part or model has been discontinued. To make a claim under this warranty you may contact us.
Proof of purchase is required and shipping charges are the responsibility of the consumer.
Warranty Limitations: This warranty does not include damages which arise from misuse or abuse of this product.
Limitation of Damages: The warranty and remedies as set forth are exclusive and in lieu of all others, oral or written, expressed or implied. In no event will DJG or the dealer selling this product be liable to you for any damages, including incidental or consequential damages, arising out of the use or inability to use this product.
Limitation of warranties and other warranty terms and state law rights: Any implied warranties, including implied warranties of the merchant ability and fitness for a particular purpose, shall be limited to the duration and terms of the express written warranty. Some states do not allow limitations as to how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights, which vary from state to state. Neither DJG nor the dealer selling this product authorized any person to create for it any other warranty, obligation, or liability in connection with this product.
Keeping children safe is our utmost priority. As such, we have a strict no-return policy for child safety products as it is not possible to ascertain the complete history (how it was used/if any parts of the product might be compromised) of the product before considering resale.
We encourage you to review the product FAQs above, or contact us to ensure that this product is suitable for your family prior to purchase.
For more information on our Returns Policy, click here.