Ergobaby Aerloom Baby Carrier
The Ergobaby Aerloom Baby Carrier is a versatile and lightweight baby carrier that doesn’t bog you down. Made from post consumer recycled polyesters yarns, it’s as good for the earth as it is for your daily adventures as a parent: walks, chores, errands, breastfeeding & more.
Certified by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute, the Aerloom keeps bub in an ergonomic position from birth to approximately 3 years old (min. 3.2kg and 50.8cm to 15.9kg). Three carry positions available based on age and development:
- Facing in (0+ months)
- Facing out (5+ months)
- Back carry (6+ months)
The Aerloom features padded support at neckline to support bub’s head and neck, a lumbar support waist belt and curved shoulder straps to distribute weight evenly so it's easier on your shoulders and back. It's also easily adjustable to give bub a snug fit, perfect if other caregivers are using the carrier too.
The Aerloom has integrated knit-mesh panels that provides built-in airflow for maximum breathability, ideal for bub’s sensitive skin. No more sweaty backs after morning walks at Botanic Gardens! When not in use, roll it up and stash away. Machine washable for easy clean up. Comes with a free virtual fitting consultation with Deb (U.P. $60).
- Boasts 3 carry modes
- Includes a lumbar-support waist belt
- Made from 87% recycled polyester + 13% nylon
- Contours to fit your body + support your little one
- Can be rolled up when not in use for easier storage
- Large zippered front pocket to fit phones, keys, + cards
- Seamlessly integrated mesh knit panels for maximum breathability
- Machine washable
- ErgoPromise Guarantee
Download the Ergobaby Aerloom Baby Carrier instruction manual.
How many ways can I carry my baby in the Ergobaby Aerloom Baby Carrier?
The Aerloom baby carrier has three positions you can use to carry baby:
- Front Carry Inward Facing (in Newborn Mode and Baby mode)
- Front Carry Outward Facing (in Baby Mode)
- Back Carry (in Baby Mode)
Your baby's height and developmental milestones will determine the best mode to use.
- Inward Facing - Newborn Mode: From birth (at least 3.2 kg and 50.8 cm) to 58.4 cm (around 2 months). The Aerloom baby carrier adjusts to your newborn baby by threading the back panel through the front loop on the waistbelt.
- Inward Facing - Baby Mode: From 58.4 cm (around 2 months) and up to 15.9 kg
- Facing Out - Baby Mode: Baby has strong head and neck control and is taller than 63.5 cm (around 5-6 months). Baby’s chin must always clear the top of the panel. For comfortable babywearing for parent in the Facing Out position Ergobaby recommend a maximum weight of 11.3 kg.
- Back Carry - Baby Mode: Baby can sit upright unassisted and is taller than 66 cm. This is usually around 6 months.
Please refer to the instruction manual and instruction videos for each carry mode before using your Aerloom carrier and before attempting new modes or positions.
As a parent, how do I decide which mode is better for my child: newborn mode, facing in (baby mode), or facing out (baby mode)? And how can I know?
Knowing which mode to carry baby in will depend on baby’s height and the developmental milestones they’ve hit. Newborns under 58.4 cm should be carried in the Facing In (Newborn Mode) position with the back panel threaded through the front loop on the waistbelt.
However, once they reach 58.4 cm, you can begin carrying in the Facing in (Baby Mode) position with the unthreaded carrier.
As your baby grows older and taller (reaches height of 63.5 cm), has strong head & neck control, and has a natural curiosity to see and interact with the world, they are ready for front-outward carry. Ergobaby recommend starting with short durations (5-10 minutes) to prevent over-stimulation.
Here are some signs that baby is becoming over-stimulated and ready to switch back to baby facing in mode:
- Baby seems tired, cranky, or fussy
- Baby is rubbing its eyes
- Baby is spreading fingers and toes, making fists
- Baby is laying hands in front of face
- Baby is ‘spacing out,’ sometimes baby will turn away and simply space out
- Baby is turning away again and again, trying to ‘switch off’
- If this all becomes too much for baby, baby may become drowsy
- Baby becomes hyper-vigilant (overly attentive). Instead of relaxed, baby’s body may stiffen
If you notice these cues, Ergobaby recommend switching baby to inward facing carry position.
How does the Ergobaby Aerloom Baby Carrier differ from the other Ergobaby soft structured carriers like the Adapt and Omni 360?
The Aerloom is a lighter and more streamlined option for carrying from birth up to 15.9 kg. Many of our other carrier models are more structured, with increased padding in the shoulder straps and can carry baby up to a slightly higher weight limit (up to 20.4 kg). Additionally, other structured carriers may have more adjustments for versatility in carry positions (hip) and features (hood). If you want an innovative yet streamlined baby carrier that fits to you without the "bells and whistles", Aerloom is a great option.
Head over to Ergobaby's website for more information on the Ergobaby Aerloom Baby Carrier.
This product has a limited returns policy for both change-of-mind and warranty coverage. We encourage you to contact us to ensure that this product is suitable for your family prior to purchase. For more information on our returns policy, visit our Returns Policy page.